Join one of our nationwide chapters and experience the heart of our grassroots efforts to transform the built environment. USGBC chapters promote our global mission at the community level.
Take a look at our chapters »
More than 22,000 have joined USGBC nationwide.
Our chapter network promotes sustainable building, advocates for green building policies and builds networks of allies where it matters most — in the local community.
As a chapter member, you can:
- Connect with green building peers within your community
- Strengthen your leadership and management skills
- Access USGBC education and training resources
- Make an immediate and measurable difference in your community, while contributing to the larger green building movement
Every chapter tells a story about our mission
The diversity of chapter members, the depth of their passion and the creativity of their innovation drive the success of the green building industry. The stories of their successes and strategies can inspire your next great idea.
Meet tomorrow’s green building leaders
Emerging Professionals are enhancing their careers and communities through a range of fun and rewarding activities. The Emerging Professionals program is open to anyone out of school and under age 30.
Emerging Professionals enjoy:
- Networking and relationship building with professionals across many industries
- Resume growth and leadership development through hands-on experience and USGBC’s renowned education, including LEED AP and LEED Green Associate exam prep
- Community service through sustainability-oriented projects, awareness building and advocacy
- Fun experiences at social events with likeminded peers
Find a group
Transform your campus with USGBC Students
Representing students from all disciplines, student groups are a way for hundreds of young leaders to come together and participate in hands-on green building experiences on their own campuses. We help students integrate sustainability themes into their coursework and advocate for sustainable university practices and policies.
USGBC students receive:
- Discounts on chapter membership and admission to events including Greenbuild
- Complimentary or discounted access to many LEED education materials
- Access to a network of local professionals, and opportunities to engage in national programs and events, such as Campus Conservation Nationals.