Need to maintain your industry credentials? Earn continuing education credit at Greenbuild
Every year, Greenbuild is ripe with education opportunities, and this year is no different. With more than 100 concurrent on-site and off-site education sessions included in your full-conference registration and a host of other targeted education summits, LEED and Education Provider workshops and other opportunities, Greenbuild is the place to grow your green building knowledge - and earn your continuing education credits for LEED and other industry credentials.
» Earn 1.5 GBCI CE hours for your LEED Professional Credentials with the following sessions, all of which are included in a full conference registration:
» Purchasing the relevant packages can also get you access to the following sessions, all of which have been approved for GBCI CE hours:
» Earn 1.5 LEED-specific GBCI CE hours with eight concurrent education sessions (RD05, OR08, YL14, GR11, GR13, BL10, PL02 and PL10) and 12 special programs (OF01, OF03, OF15, SS01, SS02, SU07, SU10, SU22, SU24, SU29, SU31, SU33).
» Before and after Greenbuild, USGBC will offer LEED workshops, which you can register to take advantage of while you're in Chicago. All USGBC LEED workshops being held at Greenbuild are worth at least 7 GBCI CE hours, with the exception of LEED 101 and LEED 201. HOMES 401 and REGREEN 251 are worth 14 GBCI CE hours. All CE hours earned from USGBC LEED workshops are LEED-specific, except for REGREEN 251.
- LEED 101 and LEED 201 satisfy eligibility requirements for those planning to seek the LEED Green Associate credential.
- Education Provider workshops are all eligible for 4 GBCI CE hours.
» Over 110 Greenbuild education sessions have been approved for at least 1.5 AIA HSW Learning Units. AIA HSW LUs are also available for Master Series education sessions, off-site education sessions, International Forum sessions, salons and more.
» Earn 1.5 LA CES credit hours for over 100 of our sessions (the majority of which qualify for HSW credit).
» Greenbuild 2010 qualifies for BOMI International Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit for RPA, FMA, and/or SMA graduates.
» CoreNet Global MCR designees will earn 16 continuing professional development (CPD) credits towards the renewal requirement for attending all three days of Greenbuild 2010.
» USGBC is a registered education program provider for the Interior Design Continuing Education Council (IDCEC). USGBC is currently applying to IDCEC for credit hour approval. Information regarding approval of those credit hours will be posted on the Greenbuild website by mid-October.
» USGBC is a registered education program provider for the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI). USGBC is currently applying to CSI for approval. Information regarding approval of those credit hours will be posted on the Greenbuild website by mid-October.
For more detail on sessions' CEU eligibility, visit www.greenbuildexpo.org/CEU.
Targeted Education: Greenbuild Summits and Forums
In addition to the roughly 100 educational sessions available during Greenbuild 2010, four special summits and forums are also available. These offerings broaden the conversation about how green building is redefining the economic, social and environmental future and enables those with specialized educational and professional interests to be part of the conversation:
- Green Jobs Summit, Tuesday, Nov. 16, 12:30-8:30 p.m.: This half-day event will bring together industry stakeholders from the green jobs and green building industries. Hosted by USGBC in partnership with the BlueGreen Alliance and the City of Chicago, the Green Jobs Summit will bring together trainers, funders, employers, policy-makers, advocates, community groups and job seekers for a productive conversation about green jobs in the green building industry. Keynotes and educational sessions will highlight best practices, challenges and next steps for green building jobs programs. Learn more at www.greenbuildexpo.org/JobsSummit.
- In addition, a Green Job Fair will be held on Nov. 16 from 12:30-5:30 p.m. An ideal networking opportunity for job seekers, the Job Fair will convene employers from diverse sectors and regions of the green building industry. Entry to the Job Fair is free and open to the public. Learn more at www.greenbuildexpo.org/JobFair.
- International Forum, Tuesday, Nov. 16, 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.: Green building leaders from around the globe will join together for an exciting day of education, networking and inspiration. This fully programmed day will feature internationally focused education sessions addressing diverse green building topics. For the first time ever, the program will be expanded to include interactive breakout sessions, an engaging afternoon networking break and CEU credits for educational sessions. Learn more at www.greenbuildexpo.org/International.
- Affordable Housing Summit, Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 16-17: The Affordable Housing Summit brings together leaders in the green affordable housing industry for educational sessions, networking opportunities and interactive project charrettes. This year's event will focus on innovative policy efforts as well as proven design and construction techniques aimed at ensuring long-term affordability and improving living conditions for low-income families across the country. Scholarships are available for nonprofit and public-sector employees. Learn more at www.greenbuildexpo.org/Affordable.
- Residential Summit, Thursday, Nov. 18: This year's Greenbuild Residential Summit will bring together leaders in the residential building industry for a full day of innovative education, networking and dialogue. It features 15 education sessions for residential professionals and a keynote address from Henry Cisneros, former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. Residential Summit sessions are all available as part of your full-conference registration, but for professionals exclusively interested in the green residential market, a lower-cost Residential Summit registration allows you to attend Greenbuild with a residential focus. Learn more at www.greenbuildexpo.org/ResidentialSummit.