Description of change
Replace the second half of the step instructions, beginning at "Consider the following aspect of all base buildings...", with the following text:
Consider the following aspects, as appropriate:
• Building envelope attributes. Wall and roof insulation, thermal mass, window size and orientation, exterior shading devices, window performance (U-values, solar heat gain coefficient, visible light transmittance).
• Lighting levels. Lighting power density, lighting needs in workspaces, reflectance values for ceiling and wall surfaces, high-efficiency lighting fixtures and controls, daylighting.
• Thermal comfort ranges. Temperature setpoints and thermal comfort parameters.
• Plug and process loads. Equipment and purchasing policies, other programmatic solutions, layout options.
• Programmatic and operational parameters. Hours of operation, space allotment per person, shared program spaces, teleworking policies.
Assess at least two optional strategies for the above aspects.
Related Addenda and LIs