Call for Nominations: Greenbuild Program Working Group
Seeking New Working Group Members
The U.S. Green Building Council calls for self-nominations of qualified applicants to serve as members of the Greenbuild Program Working Group. 12 appointed positions are open, each for the year 2015.
Please note that USGBC policy states that individuals may not serve on more than three USGBC committees and two working groups at any one time. Any one member organization may not have more than one representative on any one Committee and, except for federal government agencies, may have representatives on a maximum of five Committees and four Working Groups at any one time. Additionally, individuals are limited to four consecutive years on any one committee or working group.
Greenbuild Program Working Group Description
The Greenbuild Program Working Group (PWG) works under the direction of the Education Events Committee. The working group oversees the development and delivery of educational programming intended to meet the needs of attendees to the annual Greenbuild International Conference & Expo.
Selection Criteria for Greenbuild Program Working Group Members
- Employee of USGBC Member Company
- Able and willing to consistently dedicate time to this effort including bi-weekly calls from January through May, and independent research
- Attend one annual retreat in April (hotel, meals and travel covered by USGBC)
- Previous Greenbuild attendance
- Educational programming/abstract review experience for Greenbuild and/or other industry conferences
- Project and/or technical publication peer-review
- LEED Professional Accreditation
- LEED-certified project design, construction, operations and/or management experience
- Diverse industry conference, exposition and event attendance
- Demonstrated knowledge of :
- Green building best practices and strategies
- Cutting-edge innovation and technologies
- Industry continuing education requirements and offerings
- Adult learning theory and strategies
How to Submit an Expression of Interest with USGBC
Employees of USGBC member organizations interested in serving on this committee must complete the Expression of Interest Form online at https://usgbc.wufoo.com/forms/xfj2afy19abz55/. The deadline for submissions is Friday, October 31, 2014 at 5pm EST. Notifications of appointment will be sent on or around Tuesday, December 2, 2014.
Please contact Haley Warson if you have any questions at [email protected].
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with USGBC!