Call for Nominations: Greenbuild Special Programs Working Group
Seeking New Committee Members
The U.S. Green Building Council calls for self-nominations of qualified applicants to serve as members of the Special Programs Working Group. Eleven appointed positions are open for the year 2014.
Please note that USGBC policy states that individuals may not serve on more than three USGBC committees and two working groups at any one time. Additionally, individuals are limited to four consecutive years on any one committee or working group.
Greenbuild Special Programs Working Group Committee Description
The Greenbuild Special Programs Working Group oversees the development and delivery of innovative educational programs, formats, and conference features. This group is charged with the continued evolution of the Greenbuild Brand and ensuring cutting edge conference offerings. The Greenbuild Special Programs Working Group works under the direction of and in close collaboration with the Education Events Committee to support USGBC’s mission and educational objectives.
Selection Criteria for Greenbuild Special Programs Working Group Members
- A regular employee of a USGBC member company
- Experience in any of the following areas:
- Green Building Education
- Educational Program Development
- Presentation Delivery/Public Speaking
- Interior Design
- Social Media and Brand Strategy
- Theatrical Productions
- Able and willing to consistently dedicate time to this effort including bi-weekly conference calls, independent research, and direct interaction with presenters and session coordination.
- Previous Greenbuild attendance
- Experience working with the development or delivery of educational formats
- A knowledge of specialized topics focused on the intersection of art, technology, social responsibility and sustainability
- Educational programming/abstract review experience for Greenbuild and/or other industry conferences
- LEED Professional Accreditation
- LEED-certified project design, construction, operations and/or management experience
- Diverse industry conference, exposition and event attendance
- Demonstrated knowledge of :
- Cutting-edge innovations and technologies
- Current tradeshow leaders and trend-setters
- Green building industry trends and drivers
- Industry continuing education requirements and offerings
- Adult learning theory and strategies
- March 2014 - October 2014
- Responsibilities include bi-weekly conference calls, independent research, direct interaction with presenters and session coordination.
- Expressions of interest and qualifications are collected by November 29 for review.
- The recommended appointment slate is reviewed by the USGBC Executive Committee for compliance with USGBC Policies & Procedures for Committees & Working Groups.
- Working Group slate is approved by the Education Events Committee.
- Appointed SPWG members will be notified on or around December 19, 2013.
- SPWG members will officially start their terms in March of 2014.
How to Submit an Expression of Interest with USGBC
Employees of USGBC member organizations interested in serving on this committee must complete the Expression of Interest Form. The deadline for submissions is Friday, November 29, 2013 at 5pm PST. Notifications of appointment will be sent on or around December 19, 2013. Incomplete and/or late submissions will not be considered.
Please contact Sara Patterson if you have any questions at [email protected].
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with USGBC!