2016 Sustainable Business Awards (USGBC North Carolina)
Do you have a project that represents sustainability excellence, leadership and innovation? Do you know someone who is a fearless leader in the field of sustainability? We are now accepting nominations for the 2016 Annual Sustainable Business Awards. Nominations are due Friday, June 24, 2016.
Winners will be announced at the 2016 Annual Green Gala Event on Thursday, Sept. 15 at the Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte., N.C. Finalists will be notified on July 15 and will be required to have a representative on site to receive the award if selected.
Eligibility for nominations
- Projects/individuals may be located anywhere in North Carolina and are not required to be a USGBC member.
- Projects do not have to be LEED, WELL, SITES or PEER registered or certified, but preference is given for those that are.
- Eligible projects may be already constructed, under construction or in the design phase.
- All nominations must be submitted electronically as a single PDF. Electronic submissions must include:
- The attached nomination applicant form completed.
- A narrative that does not exceed two pages, 500 words per page, which summarizes the reason for nomination and the criteria used to support it.
- A separate 100-word highlight/summary of the nomination to be read at the awards ceremony, if selected.
- Additional documentation is optional, and may include photos; graphics; letters of support; LEED, SITES, PEER or WELL checklists; and so on. Supplemental material may be submitted, but may or may not be reviewed at the discretion of the judges.
- Submittals sent in an incorrect format will be disqualified.
- You may nominate more than one individual or organization.
- Any project, team or individual can be nominated for more than one category. Separate applications must be completed for each nomination.
- Nominators are responsible for verifying that their electronic communications (no hard copies) were received in a timely fashion.
- Once the application has been received, a confirmation email will be sent to the nominator. Applications are encouraged to be submitted well in advance of the deadline.
- Winning entries are public information, and summaries of winning applications will be published.
- Awards will be given at the sole discretion of the judges. Nominations in a category do not automatically mean that an award will be given in that category. Nominator will be notified if their submission is moved to another category.
- Finalists will be required to have a representative on site to receive the award if selected.
- The judges are an independent panel of sustainable industry leaders chosen by USGBC North Carolina. Judging criteria is based upon meeting the intent of the submitted category, exhibiting a transformation in the built environment and exemplifying innovation and creativity.
Download a PDF (225.14 KB) of nomination requirements.