The Greenbuild International Conference and Expo, owned and operated by Informa and presented by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), is the world’s largest green building exposition of its type, providing a forum for the green building community to unite, change lives, revolutionize business, and address our world’s most pressing problems.
Founded in 2002, Greenbuild brings together industry leaders, experts and frontline professionals dedicated to sustainable building, making Greenbuild the ideal space to learn about groundbreaking green building products, services and technologies.
The three-day event, which will be held in Los Angeles Convention Center from Oct. 5-7, 2016, will feature high profile celebrities, activists and political figures working together to promote the ideals and interests of the green building movement.
- Thousands will gather in Los Angeles in 2016 to renew their commitment to the green building movement. The conference will feature three exhilarating days of uplifting speakers, unmatched networking opportunities, showcases, LEED workshops and tours of green buildings in Los Angeles.
- Celebrities, activists and politicians will unite at Greenbuild 2016 to promote the benefits of green building. Past keynote speakers have included Ret. Gen. Colin Powell, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Al Gore and President Bill Clinton. Grammy Award-winning artists Sheryl Crow, Maroon 5 and Train have all performed at Greenbuild as well.
Highlights of Greenbuild 2015
- More than 19,000 attendees convened in Washington, D.C. for the 2015 Greenbuild.
- 548 exhibiting companies participated in the trade show, and more than 200 sessions, tours, summits and workshops were held.
- Highlights of the 2015 Greenbuild included leading filmmaker James Cameron; Mika Brzezinski, host, author and journalist; Secretary of the Housing and Urban Development Julian Castro; and Deepak Chopra, MD, FACP, founder of The Chopra Foundation and co-founder of The Chopra Center for Wellbeing.
- The 2015 annual Greenbuild Celebration featured the incredible music of Fitz & the Tantrums at the Newseum in Washington, D.C.
Leading by example
- Greenbuild is committed to raising the bar in sustainable conferences each year. As a result, Greenbuild is a four-time recipient of the IMEX Sustainable Meetings award.
- The Greenbuild sustainability program addresses environmental impact through seven objectives: move toward a zero waste event; increase stakeholder education and engagement; improve sustainable sourcing; improve performance tracking; reduce greenhouse gas emissions; positively impact communities; and Catalyze the advancement of green building initiatives and sustainable initiatives within the hospitality industry.
Greenbuild international conferences
- In 2015, USGBC partnered with Green Building Council Italia, Veronafiere and Informa to bring Greenbuild to Europe and the Mediterranean. Greenbuild EuroMed was held in Verona, Italy Oct. 14-16, 2015 and featured more than 32 education sessions, LEED workshops, summits, expo education sessions and tours of notable areas in Verona.
- The 2016 Greenbuilding Brazil, now in its seventh year, will be co-hosted with the High Design Expo, a show focused on the home and office. The partnership between these two shows will create a stronger and more comprehensive meeting for Architecture, Construction and Design, with an estimated 15,000 professionals in attendance and 20,000 square meters of space featuring over 200 companies. Greenbuilding Brazil will be held in São Paulo, Brazil Aug. 9-11, 2016.