When: Nov. 18-20, 2015
Where: The Walter E. Washington Convention Center, 801 Mt Vernon Pl NW, Washington, DC
About: USGBC’s Greenbuild International Conference & Expo is the world’s largest conference dedicated to green building. Greenbuild is the ideal space to learn about the newest, most groundbreaking green building products, services and technologies. Over 17,500 attendees convened in New Orleans, Louis. in 2014 for three days of education sessions, renowned speakers, green building tours and networking. There were also 552 exhibiting companies participating in 142,000 square feet of exhibit and display space on the trade show floor in New Orleans. There were over 240 sessions, tours, summits and workshops over the course of the week, and an impressive 37,250 hours of continuing education credits were earned at Greenbuild 2014.
- Philanthropist and climate change advocate Tom Steyer co-hosted an entertaining opening plenary discussion in the New Orleans's Superdome along with Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley and moderator Paul Hawken.
- The celebration included a special appearance by Ivan Neville and ended with a concert featuring Alabama Shakes
- Ret. Gen. Colin Powell, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Al Gore and President Bill Clinton have all been opening keynote speakers at Greenbuild;
- Grammy Award-winning artists Sheryl Crow, Maroon 5 and Train have all performed at Greenbuild.
- All Greenbuild signage is recyclable or reusable, and made from recycled content.
- All Greenbuild printed materials are printed on 100 percent-recycled content paper using vegetable-based inks and printed locally when possible.
- All exhibiting companies participate in the Greenbuild Mandatory Exhibition Green Guidelines, which enforce green practices for booth construction, reuse, material selection and operations.
- To encourage attendees to walk to and from the conference, Greenbuild offers a shoe check-in.
- Our newsroom has gone virtual, reducing Greenbuild’s resource footprint. Awards
- Three-time recipient of IMEX Green Meetings Award (2004, 2006, 2009)
- Tradeshow Weekly’s 50 Fastest Shows (2006-2009, 2011)
- MPI Rise award for Organizational Achievement (2010)
- 1st Greenbuild to be hosted outside of the U.S. was Toronto in 2011;
- 1st West Coast Greenbuild was Phoenix in 2009;
- 1st Residential Summit was held in Chicago in 2007;
- 1st Green Jobs Fair was held in Phoenix in 2009;
- 1st show was held in Austin, Tex. in 2002 and hosted 4,189 attendees.
- 2002 – Austin, Texas
- 2003 – Pittsburgh
- 2004 – Portland, Ore.
- 2005 – Atlanta
- 2006 – Denver
- 2007 – Chicago
- 2008 – Boston
- 2009 – Phoenix
- 2010 – Chicago
- 2011 – Toronto
- 2012 – San Francisco
- 2013 – Philadelphia
- 2014 – New Orleans
- 2015 – Washington, D.C.
- 2016 – Los Angeles