Alternative Compliance Paths continue to localize LEED
LEED is the only globally consistent green building rating tool. This consistency provides a platform to share best practice in building around the world. But because environmental and climate conditions, codes, standards and laws vary in different places, we have developed Alternative Compliance Paths (ACPs) to recognize those differences while achieving the same credit intent and requirements. These credit options are available for commercial projects pursuing LEED 2009 versions of the rating systems.
Recently, with the strong leadership of our LEED International Roundtable members and with special leadership shown by Green Building Council Brasil and Sweden Green Building Council, we launched ACPs for South America and Europe.
ACPs increase the applicability of LEED for projects around the world by providing additional pathways to demonstrate compliance with the LEED credits that are traditionally more challenging for projects outside of the U.S. By focusing on global and regional standards and solutions, these ACPs make LEED increasingly flexible and ensure a common language for all green buildings.
Where do you work or live? LEED helps you create and deliver a better project.
- Global ACPs: LEED 2009 Global Commercial ACPs
- Global ACP: LEED 2009 EBOM ACPs for ISO 50001
- Global ACPs: LEED 2009 ND Global ACPs
- Canada ACPs: LEED v4 ACPs for Canada
- East Asia ACPs: LEED 2009 BD+C ACPs for East Asia
- Europe ACPs: LEED 2009 EBOM ACPs for Europe and LEED 2009 BD+C ACPs for Europe
- India ACPs: LEED 2009 EBOM ACPs for India
- South America ACPs: LEED 2009 BD+C ACPs for South America
Use these tools to create better buildings.