Board Snapshot: February 2013
The USGBC Board of Directors convened at USGBC Headquarters in Washington, D.C., on Feb. 19-20, 2013. The following is a summary of relevant highlights from the meetings rather than an official record of the proceedings. Official meeting minutes will be available on usgbc.org after they have been approved by the Board of Directors in April. View approved USGBC Board meeting minutes through January 17, 2013.
Board Meeting Highlights
- Discussed the 2014 Board election
- Approved a revised Chapter Membership Policy
- Established a Sustainable Communities Working Group
- Discussed recent and upcoming volunteer and staff efforts around LEED v4, Green Homes, Membership and Human Health
- Agreed to move forward with the construction for a LEED certified orphanage in Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Discussed the success and outcomes of the Green Building and Human Health Working Group’s recent Summit in Washington, D.C.
- Approved the January 17, 2013 Board call minutes
- Reviewed and discussed 2012 year-end financials
- Discussed the 2012 CEO and Board Assessments as well as the 2013 Committee Assessment
General Updates & Announcements
- In December 2012, the Board adopted the 2013-2015 USGBC Strategic Plan. In this document, the Board made a commitment to explore community-scale restorative strategies in underserved neighborhoods. Majora Carter, an appointed director in the Sustainable Community Leader seat, volunteered to lead this effort as Chair of the Sustainable Communities Working Group.
- Al Skodowski, Board Chair, Mahesh Ramanujam, Chief Operating Officer, and Roger Limoges, Vice President, Organizational Development presented to the Board a final design and construction schedule for a LEED Platinum-certified orphanage and headquarters for Fondation Enfant Jesus (“Project Haiti”). The Board agreed to move forward with the schedule as proposed, and fundraising efforts would continue throughout construction.