Board Snapshot: June 2013
The USGBC Board of Directors convened at the Eiteljorg Museum in Indianapolis, Ind., from June 10-11, 2013. This meeting was held as part of the third annual USGBC Mid-Year Meeting. Rather than an official record of the proceedings, we've summarized the highlights from the meetings. Official meeting minutes will be available online after they have been approved by the Board of Directors in August.
View approved USGBC Board meeting minutes through April 25, 2013 »
Board Meeting Highlights
- Discussed the Board election process and general member engagement
- Approved the 2014 Board election process
- Discussed the Committee Assessment
- Previewed the 2012 Annual Report
- Approved a revised Chapter Antitrust Policy
- Approved the Charge for the Sustainable Communities Working Group
- Approved the Charge for the Green Building and Human Health Working Group
- Renamed the Ethics Panel of the Board of Directors to Conflicts of Interest Panel and approved a revised Charter
- Discussed various program areas: LEED v4, Education, Membership, Advocacy and Greenbuild
- Approved recent meeting minutes
- Approved the consolidated audit report
General Updates & Announcements
- The Board of Directors and the Organizational Development Team invited Anne Cohn Donnelly of Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management to facilitate a training session on Board governance and best practices for nonprofits. The Board regularly conducts a self-assessment and identifies training and development needs accordingly.
- On June 11, the Board of Directors and members of the LEED, Education, and Chapter Steering Committees gathered to discuss the Committee Assessment. This exercise, which is conducted approximately every three years, is led by a Committee Assessment Working Group appointed by the Executive Committee. George Bandy, Chair-Elect, and Elizabeth Whalen, Secretary, serve as Co-Chairs of this working group and led the meeting.