Certify multiple buildings with LEED
Did you know that #LEEDworks in bulk? In addition to individual building certification, LEED also includes certification paths structured for organizations seeking certification for multiple buildings.
You have two options for certifying multiple buildings:
- LEED volume certification
- LEED campus and multiple building certification
1. LEED volume certification
LEED volume certification meets the needs of companies and organizations that are ready to apply LEED across a portfolio of similar buildings. Using this option streamlines the LEED certification process by focusing on similarities in building design, operations and delivery — no matter where they are in the world.
For organizations that certify multiple buildings within a given timeframe, this option offers valuable economies of scale for both new construction and existing buildings.
Consider LEED volume certification if you:
- Build, own, or operate buildings that are similar
- Have established green building practices for building design and construction or operations and maintenance processes
- Have a large number of projects to be submitted for LEED certification
- Feel efficiency and corporate social responsibility are important
2. LEED campus and multiple building certification
LEED campus and multiple building certification is available for multiple buildings on a single site and offers a number of options to help project owners determine the best, most cost effective way to reach their goals. In some cases it’s one single certification that applies to many buildings and in others it might be reviewing credits once to be utilized by a number of certifications. This process can be used with any of the LEED commercial rating systems.
A campus can be any shared site; it doesn’t have to be a traditional university or corporate campus. This path has been used by hospitals, universities, commercial property management and even a zoo.
Consider LEED campus certification if you:
- Have two or more buildings located on a single site, that are controlled by a single entity
- Would benefit from projects being able to share LEED credits and strategies with one another
- Are constructing multiple buildings that are very similar
- Manage projects that follow the same policies and plans or share the same vendors
- Review the Application Guide for Multiple Buildings and On-Campus Building Projects to learn about requirements for certification
- Visit LEED Online to register