Get educated in the Exhibit Hall
Greenbuild exhibitors are a diverse group — from local green roof small businesses to national product manufacturers — and the companies participating in Greenbuild represent every component of the green building industry.
The educational opportunities available in the Expo can be as varied and enlightening as the outstanding education sessions. For this reason, Greenbuild provides the following continuing education opportunities on the Exhibit Hall floor:
- Education Labs are a new Greenbuild 2013 feature, providing education through a classroom experience inside the Exhibit Hall. Five Education Labs will host sponsor-developed education sessions during Expo Hall hours for full-conference attendees. Learn more.
- Exhibit Hall Discussion Sessions provide a unique opportunity to learn by discussing important green building industry topics with exhibitors. We’ve long recognized the educational value of what our attendees learn through conversations in the Exhibit Hall. This program is designed to foster productive discussions around two industry topics between exhibitors and attendees. We’d like to open up a dialogue about these topics, help all Greenbuild participants learn more from their peers, and provide credit for that experience. Learn more.
In our discussions this year, we’re focusing on Product Certifications and Building Performance, and we’ve published two white papers to provide background on these topics. Exhibitors and attendees should read these white papers, and then discuss the topics in the Expo. Your conversations can be about anything related to these two topics, but we’ve provided a few questions to get you started.
1. The Product Certifications White Paper discusses how the standards referenced in LEED v4’s Materials & Resources credit category support the evolution of product improvement through disclosure and optimization. View the white paper.
Questions for discussion
- Does your company participate in any 3rd party certifications such as GreenGuard™ or level™? How about disclosures such as Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs)? If so, which ones?
- Which leadership standards are relevant to your industry? How are they developed? Does your company participate in standards development?
- How do your products or services support achievement of LEED credits? Any credits in v4?
2. The Building Performance White Paper discusses why we need a common understanding of the ingredients of building performance and how LEED can help. View the white paper.
Questions for discussion
- How does your product or service support ongoing performance in green buildings? Does your product track and report on specific outcomes?
- Does your product or service provide regular feedback on how well a building is performing based on the outcome(s) you focus on? What do I have to do to get an idea of how well I am performing based on your reporting features?
After you’ve participated in your conversations, scan your badge at the Exhibit Hall Discussion Session Scanner, located at the entrance to the Greenbuild Exhibit Hall B, to record your participation in the hall. (You must scan in on each day to receive credit for that day). After you scan in, we’ll email you an online quiz related to the green building topic. Complete the quiz before Dec. 6, 2013, for 1.5 CE credits per day.
Please note: the Exhibit Hall Discussion Sessions are part of the Greenbuild Continuing Education Program, which provides 15 hours of Continuing Education for the LEED Credential Maintenance Program for full conference attendees. Learn more.
We hope these sessions will foster beneficial discussions in the Expo, helping all Greenbuild participants learn from each other while utilizing the vast amount of industry knowledge in the Expo. I look forward to hearing your conversations throughout our extensive Expo Hall at Greenbuild. Register for Greenbuild today.