Get involved with USGBC New York Upstate in 2017
Learn about USGBC New York Upstate's goals for 2017.
Welcome to the USGBC New York Upstate community. After successfully integrating New York Upstate into the national organization, in 2016 the community delivered a number of programs, activities and initiatives in support of our mission: To transform the way buildings and communities are designed, built and operated, enabling an environmentally and socially responsible, healthy and prosperous environment that improves the quality of life.
In 2017, we will focus on the three basic tenets of USGBC:
- Advocacy: Advance green policies and practices to positively impact all New Yorkers.
- Education: Provide knowledge and expertise on cutting-edge, sustainability-based strategies.
- Community: Be a leader in social equity initiatives to bring “green” benefits to all New Yorkers.
Our priorities this year include
- Meeting with policymakers across the state.
- Implementing the “ADVANCE” program to engage new, underserved and underrepresented segments of our community audiences with stewardship of land and resources, increased health and prosperity, and the need for justice and equality.
- Increasing the number of active volunteers assisting in community programs and activities.
- Increasing effective communication among our members.
- Establishing partnerships with like-minded organizations for the benefit of all.
- Facilitating 30 or more green schools events.
- Providing 40 or more educational programs throughout the USGBC New York Upstate community.
There’s never been a better time to engage with USGBC, and if you are not already, I encourage you to get involved!
To learn more or find out how you can get involved, contact Charlie Bertuch, co-chair of the community.