Join the USGBC Board of Directors in 2015
Take part in shaping USGBC’s strategic direction and nominate yourself for the 2015 Board of Directors.
The five open seats for the 2015 Board are:
- Product Manufacturer: pdf / online form
- Environmental Nonprofit Advocate: pdf / online form
- Sustainable Practice Leader Engineer: pdf / online form
- Insurance: pdf / online form
- Urban/Regional Planner: pdf / online form
Online forms will be available for submission on July 1.
Interested in an open seat?
Complete our expression of interest form* and a member of the Nominating Working Group will contact you.
*This form is not a substitute for the perspective-specific self-nomination form, and will close before July 1, 2014. Preference will not be given to those who complete the Expression of Interest form as evaluation is based on Board-approved criteria alone.
- July 1-July 30, 2014, at 5 pm PDT: Self-nomination period for the 2015 USGBC Board of Directors election
- Oct. 1-Oct. 30, 2013: Voting open. The election will be open for thirty days in accordance with USGBC Bylaws.
- If necessary voting may remain open until quorum (10 percent of current membership organizations) is reached.
- Jan. 1, 2014: Newly elected directors join the USGBC Board.
What happens next?
Each nominee will be contacted by a NWG member regarding his or her status, likely in early September. If you’re selected to run as a candidate in the election, the Board provides campaigning guidelines for your reference as well as samples from successful candidates of the past.
Hear more from the Board