In the Know with Maggie and Joe
Joe and I will be bringing you the top global green building highlights from each week. Sign up to ensure you’re “in the know!”
- San Diego Gas & Electric’s Energy Innovation Center Achieves Double-Platinum LEED Status: This facility takes sustainability seriously! SDG&E recognizes that designing and constructing a green building isn’t the finish line. Sustainability is about continued performance through green operations and maintenance. Congratulations, SDG&E. You deserve kudos on a global scale.
- LEED India Platinum and GRIHA 5-Star dual certified project, Indira Paryavaran Bhawan, was inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India on 25 February 2014. This building will house the Ministry of Environment and Forest. We love that this government building in India chose to dual certify. This demonstrates commitment to a home-grown program as well as recognition of the global language for sustainability leadership—LEED.
- A new economy, a new LEED building: From Burundi to Honduras, South Sudan to Ukraine—LEED certified buildings are quickly propagating in all corners of the globe. Since June 2013, USGBC’s LEED Earth campaign has facilitated the uptake of green buildings in 15 countries in which LEED was previously absent—Bahamas, Bahrain, Burundi, Croatia, Ecuador, Haiti, Honduras, Kuwait, Latvia, Luxembourg, Serbia, South Sudan, Tunisia, Ukraine and Venezuela. This article features the first LEED certified project in Croatia.
- High performance building benefits and investment costs: You do not want to miss this new resource from GBIG Insight. This GBIG Insight Research Anthology – High Performance Building Benefits and Investment Costs contains brief summaries of top research articles, academic papers, industry reports, comprehensive textbooks, and resources devoted to informing strategic and tactical business decisions. Each section contains internet links to a wide array of expert resources allowing readers to explore each specific topic at significantly greater depth.
- Last week, USGBC launched the Top 10 States for LEED in 2013. See how the U.S. states rank on the number of LEED buildings per capita. Hint: My home state(s) made the list! (Sorry, Joe.)
Thanks for staying “in the know” with us. See you next week!