LEED Addenda and Interpretations Update
The January 1st quarterly addenda to the LEED 2009 reference guides and latest LEED Interpretations are now available. The fastest way to see all changes is to search by 1/1/2013 in the database. Search for entries
This quarter, we published 16 new Interpretations (#10259- 10274). Highlights include:
- Allowance for EB Residential projects with non-master metered units to collect a statistically significant sample of utility data from the residential unit space
- Clarification that the LEED project boundary may be different than the boundary drawn for ENERGY STAR for EB projects
- ID credit for construction energy use related to lighting and temporary heat
- CC&R exemption for existing residential properties in ND projects that are not 100% newly developed
- Guidance on using shared dumpsters for one-off LEED projects for MRc2
We also modified 28 Interpretations for new notes, applicability matrices, etc. Those 28 inquiry numbers are: 808, 1547, 1622, 1741, 1898, 2342, 3105, 5033, 5115, 5272, 5819, 5847, 5986, 10080, 10114, 10120, 10146, 10202, 10215, 10216, 10223, 10236, 10239, 10241, 10243, 10246, 10250, 10252
This quarter’s addenda (#100001483 - 100001485) are related to the EB: O&M Recertification fee, in the Introduction section of the O&M Reference Guide.
As a reminder, project teams are required to adhere to rating system addenda and LEED Interpretations based on LEED registration date. It is strongly recommended that project teams follow reference guide addenda. Due to limited resources, we have canceled this quarter’s webcast explaining the addenda and Interpretations release.