LEED addenda update: April 2014
April 1st quarterly addenda to the LEED rating systems and reference guides are now available.
There are two ways to view the changes:
- visit the database and search by 4/2/2014
- visit the credit library and select the "Interpretations” tab within each credit
Twenty new LEED Interpretations (10368—10382), including 15 for Homes and Multifamily Midrise were published. Some highlights:
- Demonstrating compliance for residential Interior Design and Construction projects pursuing SSc3.2: Alternative Transportation-Bicycle Storage and Changing Rooms (10368);
- Applying CalGreen requirements to achieve Option 1 of SSc4.3: Alternative Transportation - Low-Emitting and Fuel-Efficient Vehicles and/or SSc4.4: Alternative Transportation - Parking Capacity (10369);
- Defining exemplary performance for donating offsite land to a land trust when pursuing case 2 under SSc5.1: Site Development- Protect or Restore Habitat (10370);
- Claiming energy savings for garage ventilation by modeling it using the Exceptional Calculation Measure (10371);
- Clarifying the required documentation for claiming recycled content and FSC certified for wood products and other composites (10372);
Six interpretations were modified with new notes, updated rulings, etc.: 2432, 10004, 10005, 10236, 10204 and 1961.
Seven corrections were published (100001806—100001812). Some highlights:
- Revised metric conversion in Commercial Equipment Table under Commercial Process Water Use in Healthcare, New Construction: Retail and Commercial Interior: Retail Supplements.
- Defined the requirements for achieving Exemplary Performance under IEQc4: Low-Emitting Materials.
- Added Option 7 in LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance for SSc1: LEED Certified Design and Construction
LEED 2009 Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance ACPs for India
Alternative compliance paths (ACPs) and regional specific guidance for India have been released for seven credits in the LEED 2009 Existing Building: Operations and Maintenance rating system:
- SSc6: Stormwater Quantity Control is expanded to include appropriate sources for rainfall data specific to India and resources for stormwater management.
- SSc8: Light Pollution Reduction clarifies that projects achieving certification under LEED 2011 for India Core and Shell or LEED 2011 for India New Construction and that earn SSc8: Light Pollution Reduction can achieve this credit in LEED 2009 for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance.
- WEp1: Minimum Indoor Plumbing Fixture and Fitting Efficiency is modified to align flow and flush rates to UPC- India and the 2013 Green Plumbing Code Supplement – India values.
- WEc2: Additional Indoor Plumbing Fixture and Fitting Efficiency is updated to reflect Indian Standard values in WEp1: Minimum Indoor Plumbing Fixture and Fitting Efficiency.
- In EAp1: Energy Efficiency Best Management Practices—Planning, Documentation and Opportunity Assessment and EAc2.1: Existing Building Commissioning—Investigation and Analysis resources are referenced to locate energy auditors in India.
- EAc4: On-site and Off-site Renewable Energy is expanded to define acceptable Green-e equivalent electricity in India.
The India ACPs can be accessed in the Credit Library. The LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance Alternative Compliance Paths for India Reference Guide Supplement accompanies the India ACPs.
LEED Campus Guidance For Projects on a Shared Site (formerly the Application Guide for Multiple Buildings and On-Campus Building Projects) has been updated to include guidance for LEED v4 projects and reflect changes in LEED Online. Two additional appendices have been added (quick look-up tables for determining campus and group eligibility for v4 credits). Finally, additional credit-specific guidance has been added for several LEED 2009 credits.