LEED addenda update: January 2016
The January 2016 quarterly LEED rating system and reference guide addenda is now available. To view the changes,
- Visit the addenda database and search for 1/4/2016.
- Visit the credit library and select the "Interpretations” tab within each credit.
- Download the Reference Guide Tables.
Five new LEED Interpretations have been published (10426–10430). LEED Interpretation 10426 provides an alternative to vestibules in the design model for EA Prerequisite Minimum Energy Performance. LEED Interpretation 10430 provides an alternative way for projects that share air handling units with spaces outside of the project boundary (shared VAV systems or shared Dedicated Outside Air Systems) to obtain points under EAc3 - Measurement and Verification in LEED v2009 ID+C.
Two corrections were published for LEED v2009, and five corrections were published for LEED v4 (100002038–100002044). EQ Credit Green Cleaning—Products and Materials in the LEED v4 O+M Rating System was updated to reflect new a EPA program name: “EPA Safer Choice Standard.”
Two corrections were issued for LEED v4 Homes. Correction 100002042 clarifies the rating system requirements for Heat-Recovery Ventilators and Energy-Recovery Ventilators (H/ERVs) under EQ Prerequisite Ventilation, while correction 100002041 clarifies guidance for calculating the amount of continuous ventilation required to comply with the EQ Credit Enhanced Ventilation.
To see all corrections, download the Reference Guide Tables.
Recently published pilot credits
In the last quarter, USGBC released three new pilot credits focused on resilience:
- IPpc98—Assessment and Planning for Resilience (published 11/12/2015)
- IPpc99—Design for Enhanced Resilience (published 11/12/2015)
- IPpc100—Passive Survivability and Functionality During Emergencies (published 11/12/2015)
EApc92—EA Pilot ACP: Advanced Buildings™ New Construction Guide has been updated to include an ACP to Optimize Energy Performance (added 12/1/2015)
Form and Calculator updates
Over the new year, an update to the v2009 forms was launched through LEED Online. These new forms have the look and feel of the v4 forms, have added campus and group functionality and allow users to enter data into offline calculators, which have also been updated with this release. Learn more about the 2016 LEED Online updates.
New and updated offline calculators for v2009 projects:
- Performance Periods Table v2009
- Daylight and Views Calculator v2009
- Acoustic Performance Calculator v2009
- Sustainable Purchasing Calculator v2009
- Furniture and Medical Furnishings Calculator v2009
- Materials and Resources Calculator v2009
- PBT Source Reduction Calculator (shared with v4)
- Minimum Energy Performance Case 2 Calculator v2009
- DES Allocation Calculator (shared with v4)
- AEDG Tables v2009
- Process Efficiency Calculator
- Minimum Energy Performance Data Center Calculator (shared with v4)
- Minimum Energy Performance Calculator v2009
- Alternative Transportation Calculator v2009
Updates to the web-based reference guide
A new interactive module, “Whole Building Life-Cycle Assessment Basics: Part 1” has been added to the LEED v4 web-based reference guide under MR Credit Building Life-Cycle Impact Reduction.
Haven’t seen the new guides? View the sample credits in the LEED credit library: