LEED incentive grant available for Shelby County projects (USGBC Tennessee)
USGBC Tennessee and MLGW are offering a LEED incentive grant application for projects in Shelby County.
To apply for these funds, project teams must meet the eligibility requirements described below and email to USGBC Tennessee the application and additional documentation. Funds are available on a first-certified, first-served basis, until the LEED incentive budget is depleted.
To be eligible for the LEED incentive grant, projects must
- Be located in the MLGW service territory (Shelby County, Tennessee).
- Achieve LEED, LEED Silver, LEED Gold or LEED Platinum status.
- Be certified under the LEED for New Construction, LEED for Core and Shell, or LEED for Commercial Interiors rating systems, LEED 2009 or later.
- Achieve the following minimum points in highlighted sections:
|Rating System||Water Efficiency Points||Energy and Atmosphere Points|
|Core and Shell||5||12|
- The facility owner, project tenant and LEED project team must grant MLGW and USGBC Tennessee rights to promote the building through media coverage, presentations and case studies, including potential analysis of energy consumption per square foot. The facility/project is to be available to MLGW and USGBC Tennessee for scheduled tours or meetings to promote the green building initiative.
- The facility owner, project tenant, or LEED project team member must supply finished photographs and an educational document (e.g., brochure) highlighting the sustainable attributes of the project.
Previously awarded projects include:
- I Bank—Germantown, 2009
- Big River Engineering and Manufacturing, 2010
- Court Annex Two, 2011
- FedEx Family House, 2012
- Methodist Germantown Expansion—Women’s and Children’s Pavilion, 2012
- Smith and Nephew Learning Center, 2013
- NovaCopy Office, 2016
If you have any questions, please email USGBC Tennessee or call Holly Baird at 615.933.8633.
Thank you again to our generous grant sponsor, Memphis, Light, Gas, and Water.