LEED v4 credential exams coming June 2014
Updated May 15: Exams for the LEED Green Associate, BD+C, ID+C and O+M will feature v4 content in June. Exams for Homes and ND will feature v4 content in 2015.
LEED Professional Credential Exams to feature v4 content and project experience assessment on June 30
The LEED Green Associate and LEED AP exams will evolve for the LEED v4 rating system this June.
- The last day to take the credential exams with LEED v2009 content will be June 15, 2014.
- The first day to take the exams with the new LEED v4 content will be June 30, 2014.
- No tests will be administered in between these dates.
For the first time, LEED project experience competency will be assessed within the LEED AP exam. Practitioner experience is critical to the LEED AP designation and, as such, proficiency will be tested objectively within the LEED AP exam itself. The requirement to submit proof of LEED project experience at the time of application is no longer required as of June 30. However, GBCI strongly urges candidates to gain meaningful project experience prior to taking the test, as project skills are critical to successful exam performance. Learn more about this change.
As the gatekeeper of green building knowledge, the U.S. Green Building Council continues to push the boundaries of green building innovation and education, delivering solutions for professionals to highlight advanced knowledge, passion for continued learning and professional growth.
USGBC offers three levels of recognition for green building professionals.
- The LEED Green Associate demonstrates a solid, current understanding of green building principles and practices. It is ideal for both professionals newer to the fields of sustainability or looking to gain experience and exposure to LEED, as well as those working in diverse roles such as product manufacturers, students, real estate professionals, contractors and more. The LEED Green Associate credential is for all.
LEED Green Associate — Prerequisites: none; Exam fee: $250; CE Hours required: 15 hours every two years
- The LEED AP credential affirms advanced knowledge in specialized areas of green building, expertise in particular LEED rating system, and competency in the certification process. It is suited for practitioners actively working on LEED projects to showcase their deep technical knowledge of LEED in both principle and practice. Project teams with LEED APs demonstrate commitment to quality and competency development.
LEED AP with Specialty — Prerequisites: LEED Project Experience strongly recommended; Exam fee: $550; CE Hours required: 30 hours every two years
- The LEED Fellow is an honorary designation bestowed annually upon the most distinguished LEED APs with specialty to recognize exceptional contributions to advancing the field of green building. The highest and most exclusive individual designation in green building, LEED Fellows must hold a minimum of 10 years of green building practitioner experience, be nominated by their peers, pass a rigorous review process and demonstrate consistent mastery in areas of technical proficiency, education and mentoring, leadership, commitment and service, and advocacy.