National Zero Waste Business Conference: Discount for USGBC community
Learn practical and impactful approaches to “Creating Value Through Zero Waste,” the focus of the 3rd Annual National Zero Waste Business Conference May 7-8, 2014 and Training Course May 6, 2014 in Atlanta, GA. The USGBC community is invited to use discount code nzwbc14greenbuilding to receive 20% off conference registration until April 11th.
The conference is hosted by the U.S. Zero Waste Business Council (www.uszwbc.org) in partnership with Sustainable Atlanta and Elemental Impact, and includes an exciting agenda with presentations by industry leaders including Laura Turner Seydel, Scott Jenkins of the Atlanta Falcons Stadium, Cheri Chastain of Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, Marialyce Pedersen of the Walt Disney Company, John Bradburn of General Motors, Brenda Platt of the Institute for Local Self Reliance, and so many more!
Conference attendees will gain practical knowledge, explore new business opportunities, and learn how to create healthier, more productive and more efficient businesses. The Conference also will provide educational resources and tools for businesses beginning or completing their Zero Waste efforts. This includes a “Become a Certified Zero Waste Business Associate” Training Course the day before the conference on Tuesday, May 6th for businesses and Zero Waste professionals interested in gaining accreditation by USZWBC as a Zero Waste Business Associate or Zero Waste Accredited Professional.
Who Should Attend
- Corporate sustainability managers and facility managers looking to cut costs through greener practices
- Small and Mid-Sized business managers looking to improve waste reduction practices
- State and local government employees who work in the waste reduction/Zero Waste field
- Environmental consulting firms that want to learn about the latest successes in Zero Waste and certification
- Providing the tools & knowledge necessary for businesses to achieve Zero Waste; helping the environment and the bottom-line
- Teaching businesses waste reduction methods from the leaders in the field including academics, industry specialists and experts from Zero Waste businesses that have achieved more than 90% diversion
The National Zero Waste Business Conference is supported and sponsored by: General Motors, the City of Los Angeles Sanitation Department of Public Works, Re-TRAC Connect, Rubicon Global, RMG Recycling, Novelis Inc., CleanRiver, Georgia Recycling Coalition, Interline Brands Inc., Nature Works, SBM Management, Sonoco Recycling, Lighting Resources Inc, and TOMRA.
Please visit the USZWBC website (www.uszwbc.org) for the full conference program and registration. Early Bird discounted registration ends for good on Friday April 4, 2014. For more about the conference and Zero Waste in the host city Atlanta, visit Elemental Impact's Creating Value through Zero Waste blog article.