New and Improved Way to Certify Multiple Buildings
In 2005, USGBC developed the application guidance for multiple buildings and buildings on a campus. Since then, we’ve continued to refine and expand both the document and the supporting tools.
The newest update includes two key features.
The first is Group Certification, which allows project teams with separate buildings that are substantially similar to certify as one project that shares a single certification. This is now available in addition to the existing Campus approach, which allows buildings to take credit for shared attributes on a site and achieve separate LEED certification for each project, building space or group.
The second feature comes in the form of LEED Online for Campus. Project teams using LEED 2009 for Campus Program projects have the added support of an interface that will:
- Support a faster workflow
- Streamline processes and approval across several projects
- Provide a more flexible structure that facilitates collaboration across multiple project team members
- Feature forms designed specifically for Campus projects based on the guidance provided in the Application Guide for Multiple Buildings and On-Campus Building Projects
Together, these new features add more flexibility and save project teams time as they certify multiple buildings.
Getting started (projects using LEED 2009)
- Step 1: Review the Application Guide for Multiple Buildings and On-Campus Building Projects to learn about requirements for certification
- Step 2: Take a tour of LEED Online for Campus
- Step 3: Register your project