New and Updated Pilot Credits
The LEED Pilot Credit Library has been updated with 10 new, and 14 modified, pilot credits. There are now 46 active pilot credits available for LEED project team use under IDc1/IOc1. View all pilot credits
New pilot credit ideas for testing
- Pilot Alternative Compliance Path 68: Indoor Air Quality Procedure: the goal of the IAQP is to supply ventilation air based on the actual requirements of the space; it relies on testing the air quality in a space to determine if the amount of air supplied to that space is adequate, rather than applying a prescriptive Ventilation Rate Procedure (VRP) currently required for IEQp1. There are four main parts of this credit: contaminants of concern, acceptable thresholds for those contaminants, testing procedures for air quality testing and perceived air quality, and corrective action.
- Pilot Credit 75: Clean Construction: the first member-generated pilot credit to be posted. It addresses road and non-road construction equipment pollution standards, among other measures. This credit aims to limit emissions from dirty diesel engines that are harmful to public health and the climate.
New v4 draft credits available for pilot testing
- PC69: MR - Construction and demolition waste management (MRc5 in v4 draft)
- PC70: LT - Green vehicles (LTc8 in v4 draft)
- PC76: MR - Material ingredient reporting (MRc4 Option 1 in v4 draft) – replaces PC62, which will close to new registrations on 2/15.
- PC77: MR - Material ingredient optimization (MRc4 Option 2 in v4 draft) – replaces PC54, which will close to new registrations on 2/15.
- PC71: EA - Performance of ENERGY STAR for Homes (EAp1 in v4 draft)
- PC72: EA - Active Solar-Ready Design (EAc4 in v4 draft)
- PC73: EA - HVAC Start-Up Credentialing (EAc5 in v4 draft)
- PC74: EQ - No Environmental Tobacco Smoke (EQc8 in Mid-Rise v4 draft)
In addition, the following 14 pilot credits have been updated with LEED v4 5th public comment draft language.
- PC7: SS - Light Pollution Reduction
- PC8: EA - Demand Response
- PC9: LT - Street Network
- PC10: WE - Sustainable Wastewater Management
- PC16: SS - Rainwater Management
- PC17: WE – Cooling Tower Makeup Water
- PC18: WE – Appliance and Process Water Use Reduction
- PC22: EQ – Lighting – Lighting Quality Only
- PC30: LT – Alternative Transportation
- PC52: MR - Material Assessment and Optimization
- PC53: MR - Responsible Sourcing of Raw Materials
- PC61: MR - Material Disclosure and Assessment (EPD)
- PC63: MR - Whole Building Life Cycle Assessment
- PC64: SS - Site Improvement Plan
The archived versions of these pilot credits can be found on the resources tab of each credit for projects that registered prior to January 15, 2013. Interested in pilot credits? Learn more or register your project for a pilot credit