Nominate your project for a 2017 Nevada GREENFest Award (USGBC Nevada)
The nomination deadline has been extended to 6 p.m. Monday, April 10.
USGBC Nevada and Green Alliance are rolling out the green carpet to celebrate the best of sustainability in Nevada. Nominate your project or an outstanding leader today. Award winners will be celebrated at the GREENFest Awards Gala on Fri., April 28 at the Orleans Hotel in Las Vegas. Tickets for this evening of dinner, networking and celebrating are on sale now.
Project teams, buildings, companies, organizations and individuals who have demonstrated leadership between September 1, 2015 and December 31, 2016 may apply for consideration in the following categories:
- Rob Dorinson's Environmental Hero Award: Earth Day celebrates great men and women who've defined modern environmentalism. This year's Environmental Hero demonstrates dedication, cunning and an unflinching love of the environment. This hero's passion has paved the way to bring about awareness and change.
- Avant-Garde Award: This award honors those who believe in groundbreaking efforts that introduce experimental, new ideas that pioneer innovation and are ahead of their times. This awardee cultivates a cutting-edge attitude and is not afraid to break through barriers.
- Community Green Building Legacy Award: For any building constructed, renovated or operated within the past 10 years. This award recognizes buildings/projects that were innovative in sustainable practices and pushing the envelope of sustainability in design and development.
- Community Green Schools Leader: For a K–12 school that demonstrates sustainable leadership in facility operations and student/community engagement. This can be either a LEED-certified schools project, a stellar school that participated in Green Apple Day of Service or any other demonstration of green schools leadership. (Applicants for this award are encouraged, but not required, to have achieved LEED certification)
- Community Volunteer Leadership: This award recognizes individuals who have made outstanding commitments through their personal time and energy, community connections or other support.
- Transformers Award: This award honors those who have committed to being a changemaker. Through tireless work, this awardee has seen measurable results through thorough and dramatic change in community, business, practices, products or services, while moving the mindset toward a sustainable society.
- Triple Bottom Line Award: This award honors those that have engaged in a plan to benefit people while protecting our planet and improving economic prosperity. This awardee creates the sustainability balance of the triple bottom line.
Nominations are due by 6 p.m. Monday, April 10, 2017. Qualified applications will be reviewed by a local panel of USGBC Nevada and Green Alliance members, as well as green building experts. Award winners will be notified in early April, and will be publicly recognized at the GREENFest–GREEN Award Gala on April 28, presented by USGBC Nevada and Green Alliance.
The GREENFest Gala will also honor the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award, Patricia Mulroy. The evening’s festivities will be emceed by Sherry Swensk, 8 News Now’s weather anchor and host of “Living Green in Las Vegas.” RSVP for the gala.