Prepare for your LEED AP Homes Exam
Congratulations on taking your first step toward earning your LEED AP Homes credential!
A LEED credential gives you a competitive edge and shows the market you have the key knowledge, experience and credibility to bring success to LEED projects and sustainability-focused organizations.
The key to earning a LEED AP with Specialty credential is a thorough understanding of green building, the LEED Rating System and the ability to facilitate the certification process. Access the candidate handbook for exam policies and procedures.
The exam is based on the following test specifications and references.
- Specifications for the LEED AP Homes Exam (located in the candidate handbook)
- LEED for Homes Rating System
- Homes Reference Guide
- Summary of Changes to LEED for Homes for Mid-Rise Buildings
- LEED for Neighborhood Development Pilot Rating System: Neighborhood Pattern and Design
- Energy Star Qualified Homes Thermal Bypass Inspection Checklist
- Introduction to Indoor Air Quality: About Carbon Monoxide Detectors
These sample questions were discarded during the exam creation process, and they are provided to allow you to better familiarize yourself with the format and general content of items on the exam. The ability to answer these questions does not predict or guarantee your ability to successfully answer questions on the actual exam. Correct answers are marked with an asterisk*.
- In order to determine if a site is suitable for a LEED for Homes project, the project team should evaluate the status of endangered species on the site by:
A. Consulting local forestry officials.
B. Searching the NatureServe Website.
C. Reviewing the Endangered Species Act.
D. Checking federal and state endangered species lists.*
- Which three approaches should be used to reduce surface water runoff? (Choose three.)
A. Graywater system
B. Permeable surfaces*
C. Permanent erosion controls*
D. Rainwater harvesting system*
E. Roof runoff diverted to storm sewer system
F. High-efficiency landscape water system