Sneak peak: Sample questions for the LEED v4 credential exams
With the launch of LEED v4, new LEED v4 professional credential exams will be released on June 30, 2014. Learn more.
In the v4 exams, each item will have two test specification attributes: knowledge and task attributes.
Want to know more?
Check out the sample questions below to get a sense for the type of content that will be tested. (Answers are followed by an asterisk).
Sample questions from the v4 Green Associate exam
1. When applying for innovation credits, a project team
- Cannot submit any previously awarded innovation credit.
- May receive credit for performance that doubles a credit requirement.*
- May submit a product or strategy that is being used in an existing LEED credit.
- May receive a credit for each LEED Accredited Professional that is on the project team.
This question represents Knowledge Domain A. LEED Process, credit categories and Task Domain A. LEED Green Associate Tasks A developer wants to make a profit by building a new office that maximizes daylighting and views.
2. A developer wants to make a profit by building a new office that maximizes daylighting and views. What actions might the developer take to fulfill all parts of the triple bottom line?
- Restore habitat onsite
- Purchase ergonomic furniture
- Pursue local grants and incentives
- Provide lighting controllability for occupants*
This question represents: Knowledge Domain I. Project Surroundings and Outreach, environmental impacts of the built environment and Task Domain A. LEED Green Associate Tasks, assist others with sustainability goals.
Sample questions from the v4 LEED AP with specialty exam
1. The city is building a new botanical garden and is attempting LEED® certification. What could the educational program include to earn an Innovation in Design Credit?
- Present the building’s sustainable features at the grand opening
- Present the building’s sustainable features at a town hall meeting
- Provide on-going weekly tours highlighting the building’s sustainable features*
- Publish a press release to the local newspaper outlining the building’s sustainable features
This question represents: Knowledge Domain: LEED system synergies (e.g., energy and IEQ; waste management).
2. How should athletic fields be treated in the calculations for WE Credit, Outdoor Water Use Reduction?
- Must be calculated using 100% potable water
- May be included or excluded from the calculations*
- May be calculated using a standard 20% reduction from baseline
- Must be calculated using at least 20% from an alternative water source
This question represents: Knowledge Domain: Outdoor water use reduction: irrigation demand (e.g., landscape water requirement; irrigation system efficiency; native and adaptive species) and Task Domain(s): be a resource for LEED credit achievement (e.g., provide resources, training, tools, demonstrations of sample credits), manage LEED template(s)/certification process in LEED Online (e.g., review for completion), identify project-specific strategies, educate others (and self)