Submit your project for the 2017 USGBC Arizona Leader Awards
Apply by March 6 to have your project considered for a USGBC Arizona Leader Award.
Applications are now open for the first ever USGBC Arizona Leader Awards, to be celebrated at the Heavy Medals Awards Luncheon at the SRP PERA Club in Tempe, Arizona, on April 19, 2017. These Leader Awards are being incorporated into the annual Heavy Medals Awards Luncheon to better recognize and elevate buildings in the state that are raising the bar for sustainable design.
Project teams with buildings that received a LEED certification between June 1, 2015 and Dec. 31, 2016 may apply for consideration in the following categories:
- Innovative Design, New Construction: For a LEED-certified BD+C project that demonstrates use of new technologies and strategies to push the envelope of green design and meet project challenges in an innovative way.
- Innovative Design, Interiors: For a LEED-certified ID+C project that demonstrates use of new technologies and strategies to push the envelope of green design and meet project challenges in an innovative way.
- Building Performance: For a LEED-certified Existing Buildings project that demonstrates a significant increase in building performance through the implementation of sustainable design solutions.
- Climate Champion: For a LEED-certified project that demonstrates unique design solutions to address the particular concerns of building in the Arizona climate.
- Outdoor Environments: For a LEED-certified project that demonstrates innovative use of integrating landscape design into their space and utilizes environmentally responsible landscaping techniques.
- Community Champion: For a LEED-certified project that addresses the needs of an underserved community, meeting USGBC’s vision of healthy and sustainable buildings for all.
- Green Schools: For a K–12 school that demonstrates sustainable leadership in facility operations and student/community engagement. (Applicants are encouraged, but not required, to have achieved LEED certification.)
- The project team with the most LEED-certified projects in Arizona in 2016
- People’s Choice Award
- Judge’s Choice award
The People’s Choice and Judge’s Choice will be selected from amongst the applicants to the categories listed above. The Judge’s Choice will be awarded to the application that received the highest judging score, regardless of category. People’s Choice will be selected by majority vote of the attendees at the Heavy Medals Awards Luncheon.
Nominations are due by 6 p.m. MT on Mon., March 6, 2017. Qualified applications will be reviewed by a local panel of USGBC Arizona members and green building experts. Award winners will be notified by the end of March 2017. Award-winning projects will receive two free tickets to the Heavy Medals Awards Luncheon and project team members will be publicly recognized at an awards ceremony during the event.
Please visit the Heavy Medals Awards Luncheon page for more information, including a list of sample application questions.