Take action on climate at Greenbuild 2015
Greenbuild has started with a growing buzz in the halls and rooms of the convention center in Washington, D.C. As always, Greenbuild is a place to connect, network, learn, plan and be inspired about green building and transforming our built environment. And this year, we’re excited that Greenbuild also provides an opportunity to act.
With the global climate negotiations starting in just two weeks, we have queued up actions for you to take to add your voice and attention to the call for climate action:
Companies, sign on to the Building and Real Estate Climate Declaration.
- USGBC and the Carbon Leadership Forum (CLF) are collaborating on this campaign with Ceres, an organization dedicated to sustainability leadership.
- Impressively, there are more than 1,500 U.S. businesses already signed on to the original Ceres Climate Declaration—but the buildings and real estate sectors are underrepresented. USGBC is calling on its member community of business leaders to sign the declaration and show our industry’s support.
- The climate declaration will demonstrate strong business support from building sector companies taking action on climate change and energy policy at all levels.
Individuals, take our special Greenbuild to Paris pledge, which includes three components:
- Promote the Building and Real Estate Climate Declaration within your company.
- Commit to "2 for 2": adjust your own thermostat by two degrees, to do your part to keep our global temperature rise to only two degrees.
- Encourage five other attendees at Greenbuild to take the pledge.
Act now, and take a stand for climate action! Check out our Twitter feed @USGBC for updates and shout-outs.