USGBC Arkansas orients new Market Leadership Advisory Board
The new USGBC Arkansas Market Leadership Advisory Board met on January 26 for a Board Orientation and planning session. The Arkansas market advisory board consists of nine returning members and four new members.
Returning Members and Term Expirations
- Kyle Blakely, Development Consultants, Inc., Little Rock: 2017
- Chris Cerrato, EVO Business Environments, Little Rock: 2016
- Dustin Davis, Polk Stanley Wilcox Architects, Little Rock: 2016
- Jeremy Hudson, Specialized Real Estate Group, Springdale: 2016
- David Mann, PDC Companies, Little Rock: 2016
- Don Moseley, Walmart, Bentonville: 2016
- Clint Whitley, Cromwell Architects Engineers, Little Rock: 2016
- Matt Poe, Modus Studio, Fayetteville: 2016
- Linda K. Smith, USGBC, Little Rock: 2017
New Members and Term Expirations
- Robin Arnold, O G & E, Fort Smith: 2017
- Brock Cline, Nabholz Construction, Jonesboro: 2017
- Jolie Hobbs, eSTEM Schools, Little Rock: 2017
- Kim Randle, Viridian, Fayetteville: 2017
Kyle Blakely will serve as Chair, with Linda K. Smith serving as Vice Chair. Other officers chosen were Clint Whitley as Chair-Elect and Chris Cerrato as Secretary/Treasurer. David Crook, Chair of the Central Branch steering committee, and Ginny Kurrus, USGBC Program Manager, also attended the meeting.
The day-long meeting consisted of introductions, an overview of USGBC and GBCI nationally and an update on some of the new rating systems such as WELL, SITES, PEER and GRESB. The group also reviewed the USGBC Arkansas Program Plan and Budget for 2016, and took an in-depth look at the Arkansas market for LEED and our regional members, sponsors and national member companies. The board heard about Arkansas’s plans for ADVANCE, Green Schools and monthly branch programs and tours, as well as the fourth annual Green Tie Gala and Awards. 2016 is shaping up to be a great year for USGBC Arkansas.