USGBC Kentucky: Meet the 2016-2017 Market Leadership Advisory Board
USGBC Kentucky is excited to announce its 2016 Market Leadership Advisory Board (MLAB) members. This shift from a board of directors to a local market advisory board is the final component of the integration process associated with transitioning the organization from the previously named Kentucky U.S. Green Building Council to USGBC Kentucky.
This Market Leadership Advisory Board—representing a diverse group of regional business leaders, building design and construction professionals, higher education and community leaders and economic and affordable housing leaders—will advise on strategic and tactical activities implemented as part of USGBC's global work plan and help USGBC partner with like-missioned organizations and their boards of directors, volunteers and staff on programs, events, education and advocacy.
USGBC Kentucky's membership elected the following individuals to serve as directors, effective Jan. 1, 2016:
- Sarah Abplanalp—Consultant, Special Projects, Louisville Metro Housing Authority*
- Robert Chatham—Owner, PE, Chatham Energy Consulting, LLC
- Nancy Church—Director, LEED Green Associate, USGBC
- Steve Eggers—Managing Principal, LEED AP BD+C, K. Norman Berry Associates Architects*
- Karen Lewis—Deputy Executive Director Operations, Louisville Downtown Partnership*
- Janet Lively—Business Development, CPSM, Harshaw Trane*
- Joan Pauly—Sustainability Coordinator, Berea College*
- Ron Peron—Senior Structural Engineer, PE, LEED AP, Luckett & Farley*
- Gary Roth—CPA, Dean Dorton Allen Ford
- Amanda Schoonover—Director of Software Technology, Lynn Imaging
- Bill Sharp—Partner, PE, LEED AP BD+C, CMTA Consulting Engineers*
- Chris Zerhusen—Owner, Commissioning Agent, ZH Commissioning*
Officers serving for 2016 are as follows:
- Co-Chairs: Bill Sharp and Nancy Church**
- Secretary: Sarah Abplanalp
- Treasurer: Amanda Schoonover
- Facilitator: Joan Pauly
A special thank you goes to our outgoing board members for their leadership and service. Over the past several years, these individuals have guided the chapter through exciting changes and new territory.
John Clemons—Jessamine County Schools
Alisha Deatrick—Republic Bank
Jeffrey Doss—Abel Construction
Rachel Harman—Studio A Architecture
Jeffrey Moneypenny—Luckett & Farley
Brett Ruffing—Kentucky Ready Mix Concrete Association
Keith Tate—Eastern Kentucky University
Britney Thompson — University of Kentucky
*Principals or employees of USGBC member organizations.
**USGBC Directors are Co-Chairs in their respective communities.