You’re a LEED Professional: Now what?
You did it! Congratulations!
You decided to become a LEED professional, you took the exam, and passed!
Earn CE hours to fulfill your credential maintenance
Under the Credential Maintenance Program (CMP), you are required to maintain your credential by fulfilling continuing education requirements every two years.
The process is designed to facilitate continued professional development within the field of green building, to grow your knowledge and experience, and to improve your job performance.
Access the CMP Guide for additional information about credential maintenance.
Here’s the requirement breakdown
- LEED Green Associate: 15 CE hours (3 LEED specific) -or- LEED AP with specialty: 30 CE hours (6 LEED specific)
Earn hours through green building activities
- Preferred courses and presentations from registered providers
- Self-reported courses and presentations
- Greenbuild International Conference and Expo
Report and keep track of your hours through the Credentials section of your usgbc.org account.
Promote your credential
Don't forget to share your success on social media.
- Twitter and Facebook: I just passed my #LEED Green Associate exam! -or- I just passed my #LEED AP exam!
Now that you're a LEED professional, there's never been a better time to get involved with your local chapter. This is a key way to access continuing education, network with peers, and make a difference in your community. Find your chapter.