Chapter committees support USGBC chapters across the country by developing and recommending policy and programs.
Chapter Steering Committee
The chapter steering committee is a group of chapter leaders that provides USGBC with expertise, perspective, market intelligence, best practices, lessons learned, innovation and vision to strengthen and empower USGBC’s chapter community. The role and responsibilities of the chapter steering committee are detailed in the committee’s charter. You can review past actions of the committee by reading the chapter steering committee minutes.
- Committee Co-Chair: Ross Yamasaki, KYA Sustainability Studio, Strategic Visioning Seat
- Staff Co-Chair: Kimberly Lewis, USGBC
- SCRC Representative: Gary Gene Olp, GGO Architects Corp.
- UNERC Representative: Jodi Smits Anderson, Dormitory Authority
- SERC Representative: Nell Boyle, Sustainable Practices, Breakell Inc.
- WRC Representative: Bruce Poe, Moore, Cole and Poe Architects
- FCRC Representative: Vincent Pieri, Pieri + Associates Architects
- PRC Representative: Rick Fochtman, Bernards
- NECRC Representative: Jenna Cramer, Green Building Alliance
- HRC Representative: Harriet Rae Grindel, HoeferWysocki Architects
- Membership Seat: Jason Dunlop, Big-D Construction Corp
- Development Seat: David Erckman, Wells Fargo
- Advocacy Seat: Denise Grabowski, Symbioscity Urban Planning and Design
- Education/Programs Seat: Andrea Love, Payette
- Medium Chapter Seat: Sheri Brezinka, USGBC Minnesota Chapter
- Small Chapter Seat: Tracie Hall, USGBC New York Upstate Chapter
- Large Chapter Seat: Mona Lemoine, Cascadia Green Building Council
- EPNC Representative: Ariane Laxo, HGA Architects and Engineers
The Emerging Professionals National Committee
The Emerging Professionals National Committee serves under the Chapter Steering Committee and is charged with recruiting the next generation of green building leaders. Its responsibilities include creating programs and initiatives for local Emerging Professionals committees across the country, coordinating the efforts of local committees and USGBC, and communicating with local Emerging Professionals committees, their chapters and USGBC.
- Heartland & South Central Regions: Ariane Laxo (Chair)
- Upper Northeast & Northeast Corridor Regions: Amath Gomis
- Pacific & West Regions: Bret Hanson
- Florida/Caribbean & Southeast Regions: IIan LaHiff