Call for Nominations: Education Events Committee
Seeking New Committee Members
The U.S. Green Building Council calls for self-nominations of qualified applicants to serve as members of the Education Events Committee. Four appointed positions are open, each for a two-year term beginning on January 1, 2015.
Please note that USGBC policy states that individuals may not serve on more than three USGBC committees and two working groups at any one time. Any one member organization may not have more than one representative on any one Committee and, except for federal government agencies, may have representatives on a maximum of five Committees and four Working Groups at any one time. Additionally, individuals are limited to four consecutive years on any one committee or working group.
Education Events Committee Description
The Education Events Committee (EEC) oversees the development of all USGBC educational platform opportunities including events, conferences, and summits promoting the adoption of green design, building and operations practices. The Education Events Committee directs and advises related working groups to support USGBC’s mission and educational objectives. Candidates are sought from a range of geographic region, member company size, and experience in conference education.
Selection Criteria for Education Events Committee Members
- USGBC Member
- Previous Greenbuild attendance
- Able and willing to consistently dedicate time to this effort including one annual retreat (at which attendance is required), bi-monthly phone calls, and independent research
- Educational programming/abstract review experience for Greenbuild and/or other industry conferences
- International presentation and/or educational event execution experience
- Experience as an exhibitor at other industry tradeshows
- LEED Professional Accreditation
- LEED-certified project design, construction, operations and/or management experience
- Diverse industry conference, exposition and event attendance
- Demonstrated knowledge of :
- Greenbuilding best practices and strategies
- Cutting-edge innovation and technologies
- International trends in educational programming
- Adult learning theory and strategies
How to Submit an Expression of Interest with USGBC
Employees of USGBC member organizations interested in serving on this committee must complete the Expression of Interest Form online at https://usgbc.wufoo.com/forms/x1cclxvz0f6a6j8/. The deadline for submissions is Friday, October 31, 2014 at 5pm EST. Notifications of appointment will be sent on or around December 2, 2014.
Please contact Stevie Goldstein if you have any questions at [email protected].
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with USGBC!