Call for Expression of Interest: Material Ingredient Supply Chain Optimization Working Group
Seeking Volunteer Working Group Members
USGBC calls for self-nominations of qualified applicants to serve as members of the Material Ingredient Supply Chain Optimization Working Group. It is expected that between 11 and 15 seats will be filled during this application period, and appointment to the working group will be for a period of one year to match the estimated timeframe for completion of this work.
Please note that USGBC policy states that individuals may not serve on more than three USGBC committees and two working groups at any one time. Additionally, each member organization may have no more than one representative on any one committee.
- Employee of a USGBC Member organization
- Ability and willingness to consistently dedicate time to this effort, including:
- Attendance at bi-weekly calls of one hour. Attendance at a minimum 67% of calls is required.
- Offline review and technical work of approximately 2-3 hours per week, consisting of document review and follow-up research as needed.
- Participation in additional calls as necessary.
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Nongovernmental organizations in fields related to product ingredient analysis, product performance, third-party verification, and support of publically available information.
- Raw material manufacturers, especially experts in synthetic chemical ingredient production for building products and industry leadership in production processes.
- Finished goods product manufacturers, especially experts in raw material sourcing for products or components and the intermediary role between “upstream” raw material suppliers and “downstream” product specifiers.
- Governmental organizations in fields related to the domestic or regional regulation of buildings or human health.
- Researchers with expertise quantifying the environmental, health and economic impacts of raw materials and building products.
- Architects and designers with expertise in the implementation and end use of building products.
- Define processes referenced in Option 3 of the Materials Ingredient credit
- Identify third party programs that would serve as documentation for compliance
- Create Reference Guide content for BD+C and ID+C rating systems
- Develop LEED Online forms content for BD+C and ID+C rating systems
- Deliver final report on all activities to the LEED Steering Committee
How to Submit an Expression of Interest with USGBC
Employees of USGBC member organizations interested in serving on any of the committees described below must complete the Material Ingredient Supply Chain Optimization Working Group Expression of Interest Form online. The deadline for submissions is May 1, 2013 at 5 PM PST. All nominated members are subject to approval by the LEED Steering Committee. All applicants will be alerted of their standing once the LEED Steering Committee has approved a nomination slate from the candidate pool.
Working Group Description
The goal of the Material Ingredient Supply Chain Optimization Working Group will be to define the implementation Option 3 of the MR Credit: Building Product Disclosure and Optimization – Material Ingredients in LEED v4. This includes identifying third party programs to verify the processes referenced in Option 3 and creating guidance to assist project teams in product specification. The following major milestones will accompany this work: