179D Tax Incentives - On Demand Version
|Format||On Demand: Online|
|Offered by||Green Building Research Institute (GBRI)|
|Category||Energy and atmosphere|
This course will provide an overview of major tax incentives offered in the US for designing, building and operating green buildingprojects. This applies to residential and commercial projects. Attendees will learn about potential tax savings that they can ge t fr om not only designing green building elements into their projects, but also following them in their homes and works places. S
- Analyze the influence of Tax incentives on Private development.
- Describe major Federal, state and localincentives for building green.
- Analyze 179D tax deductions and requirements.
- Analyze the relationship between LEED certified projects and 179D requirements.
- Learn and assess energy modeling requirements, softwareprograms approved by IRS, guidelines, qualifications, limitations, etc.
- Represent the 179D deductions to potential clients.