Acoustical Basics for Design Professionals
|Offered by||McGraw-Hill Construction|
The noise level in offices, schools and hospitals has been seen to be increasing over several decades, and #Acoustic Comfort# is now being recognized as a serious indoor environmental quality (IEQ) issue in all types of facilities. Architectural design and building acoustics have a significant correlation when it comes to human satisfaction, learning, and productivity in those spaces. This CEU will address acoustics terms and all factors of acoustics that should be considered in architectural design.
1. Explain the need for balanced acoustical design by segment.
2. Describe the fundamental properties of sound
3. Define acoustical terms and concepts
4. Interpret how different material selections influence the acoustic environment
5. Apply this knowledge tomake informed product specification choices
6. Understand and appreciate the value a balanced acoustical environment
Member since 2005