Advanced Energy Design Guides
|Format||On Demand: Online|
The American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) publishes a set of Advanced Energy Design Gui des (AEDG) for commercial buildings. These user-friendly design guides are intended for use by architects and engineers, and pr ovide a path to achieving energy savings resulting from the design process. This webinar explains the various AEDGs, how to use t hem, and how they can be implemented to achieve a high performance building. Several step-by-step case studies will be presented to demonstr ate how to effectively implement these design guides.Prerequisite knowledge includes general understanding of design a nd con struction with broad comprehension of basic principles of energy efficient building design. Optional introductory material: High Per formance Building Energy 101 webinar (http://rechargecolorado.com/images/uploads/pdfs/100318_Energy101_Webinar.pdf or ht tp://vimeo.c om/13460294 .)
- Understand the purpose of the Advanced Energy Design Guides (AEDGs).
- Know which building types the AEDGs can be applied to.
- Learn how to apply these easy-to-use guides to your project.
- Discover how the AEDGs can be implemented in ahybrid process with energy modeling to achieve high levels of energy efficiency.
- Understand place of the AEDGs within the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program.