Best Practices in Architectural Acoustics
|Format||On Demand: Online|
|Category||Indoor environmental quality|
Control of unwanted noise and design to help improve audibility and sound quality in classrooms, auditoriums and workplaces are twokey goals of building design and operations. Noise source control is a part of this in the building's operational phase, but building design can have a significant impact on the ability to control those sound variables over the life of the building.
The propagation of waves in air, solids and other matter is studied in the multidisciplinary science of acoustics. The practical application ofacoustics includes noise control and the prediction of sound behavior in buildings, interior environments and urban settings, amongother designed places. From the manufacturing of building materials and systems to the design of every kind of occupied space and thesurfaces and furnishings inside, there is a high degree of reliance on the principles of acoustics.
- Describe the science and principles of acoustics
- Explain the architectural issues of acoustics
- Describe andcompare acoustical products and materials
- Explain how to integrate sustainability and acoustics in LEED projects
- Apply acoustics in differentgreen building applications
- Determine best practices in balancing acoustical theory and building
Member since 2008