Beyond Performance: Window Materials and Their Environmental Impacts
|Offered by||Hanley Wood, LLC|
|Category||Indoor environmental quality|
Windows and doors are very important considerations in any design. With proper selection and specification they can enhance not only the look of a home or building, but their performance as well. Before you specify a window or door, you should consider the em bo died energy, lifecycle and material benefits of any product. This program will look beyond performance of windows and compare t he or igin of common frame materials, their carbon footprints, lifecycles and durability. It will look at each component individua
- Compare and contrast basic performance and quality characteristics of four common window and door frame materials.
- Compare and contrast material origins of wood, aluminum, vinyl and fiberglass used for window and door frame construction.
- Compare and contrast the carbon footprint and lifecycle analyses of wood, aluminum, fiberglass and vinyl window and door frames.
- Describe how wood, aluminum, fiberglass and vinyl window and door frames differ in terms of durability and installed performance.
- Describe how windows were incorporated into the net-zero Yannell House in Chicago to improve aesthetics and performance of the home.
Hanley Wood, LLC
Member since 2010