BSP717 Commercial Building Science - Comfortable Environments Through Sustaina
|Offered by||CertainTeed Corporation|
Valley Forge, PA 19482
|Category||Indoor environmental quality|
During this course, participants will review many principals of sustainable design and how these principals contribute to the conser vation of resources, life-cycle design and designing for people and the environment. Participants will also be provided with a brief synopsis of the LEED Green Building Rating Systems. Other topics will include: Ways to achieve premium indoor air quali ty ASHRAE Standard 62.1- Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality Factors that affect thermal comfo rt ASHRAE Standard 55-200 4 - Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human OccupancySound control design practices that hel p create a superior acoustical e nvironment How to create visually interesting spaces through controlled and natural lig hting design strategies At the end of the session, participants will participate in a brief question and answer sessio n. During this time they will be asked to share their design issues and their resolve for subjects discussed during the session.
- Understand the concepts of green building, sustainable design, and indoor environmental quality
- Understand credit categories for a green building rating system
- Describe several factors affecting thermal comfort
- Understand ways to improve indoor air quality through controlled ventilation and material selection
- Understand how to createsuperior acoustical environments through sound control design practices
- Understand design strategies that help create ahigh quality visual environment
- Understand the credits that are available under LEED for each category of comfort covered in this course.
Valley Forge, PA.
Member since 2002