BSS714: Commercial Building Science - Understanding Acoustics and Sound Control
|Offered by||CertainTeed Corporation|
Valley Forge, PA 19482
|Category||Indoor environmental quality|
This course is designed for architects, engineers and LEED professionals. The course provides an extensive review of the science ofsound, how sound flows through various spaces, and how better acoustics can help you achieve points in the Indoor Environmental Quality Category of LEED rating systems. At the end of the session, the instructor will provide a brief Q&A session to address any questions or concerns regarding acoustical performance.
- Describe the science of sound
- Define two different sound paths
- Define three properties of sound waves
- Describe different methods of sound transmission
- Understand the various acoustical performance testing standards
- Describe how to design environments for sound control
- Understand the credits that are available under LEED for Acoustical Performance
Valley Forge, PA.
Member since 2002