Design to Prevent the Damaging Effects of Mold
|Offered by||UL Environment Inc|
Anycity, GA 30067
|Category||Indoor environmental quality|
This basic level course outlines the roles of the architects, designers, construction team, and operations personnel in preventingmoisture intrusion and mold growth in the built environment. The participants will gain understanding of the impact mold has on build ing integrity and materials; quantify the financial impact of mold; and discuss its detrimental effects on human health. The course will explore the sources of moisture intrusion, methods of assessing and remediating existing mold growth, and will detail preventiv e strategies to minimize moisture intrusion throughout the design, construction and operations and maintenance of a bui lding. Case studies are provided for illustration.
- Gain an understanding of the impact mold has on building integrity and materials.
- Quantify the financial impact of mold.
- Discuss mold's effects on human health.
- Understand and communicate effective mold remediation methodologies.
- Develop Proactive Design and Construction measures to prevent mold and moisture problems in buildings.
UL Environment Inc
Member since 1999