Energy-Efficient Lighting Solutions
|Format||On Demand: Article/Print|
|Offered by||Green Building Research Institute (GBRI)|
|Category||Energy and atmosphere|
Lighting is one of the major consumers of energy in commercial office buildings. This article identifies and analyzes all major lighting options that a green building project can employ under artificial lighting category.
- Assess factors driving efficiency in lighting.
- Analyze various lighting technologies and strategies and their application to LEED.
- Identify and analyze LEED credits ( intent, requirements , implementation and documentation strategies) that are related to lighting.
- Describe lighting controls, occupancy sensors, timers and their application to LEED projects.
- Explain LEED compliance and documentation requirements for credits related to lighting.
- Incorporate lighting technologies and strategies on LEED projects that they are working on (BD+C, O+M & ID+C).
- Distinguish benefits of combining day lighting and artificial lighting in projects.
- Describe how strategies discussed in the presentation were applied on 2 LEED certified projects.