Energy Star for Green Buildings
|Offered by||Green Building Research Institute (GBRI)|
|Category||Energy and atmosphere|
Many are familiar with Energy Star appliances and products, but did you know that Energy Star has labeled more than a billion square feet of buildings as energy efficient? This article will look at the genesis of the Energy Star rating system and its introductioninto the marketplace. Then go on to discuss the criteria used to evaluate energy usage of appliances, products and buildings and howadaption of the Energy Star standards can impact the spread of sustainable development. It will explore how Energy Star#s standardsare applied to different building types, as well as how these standards compare to LEED standards.
- Describe the origins of Energy Star.
- Analyze Energy Star rating criteria for products.
- Specify how using EnergyStar products can affect LEED ratings and credits.
- Analyze Energy Star rating criteria for buildings.
- Identify which LEEDpoints can be earned for Energy Star rating criteria in new construction, remodeling, and operations.
- Describe and analyze CBECS and its relation to Energy Star.
- Identify the process for getting a building Energy Star rated through Energy Star PortfolioManager.
- Describe the role building professionals play in "Energy Star Challenge".
- Learn BMPs through an Energy Star Case study.