Form Follows Fun:Design Options in Modern Ceiling and Wall Systems
|Format||On Demand: Article/Print|
|Offered by||McGraw Hill Construction|
This course will explore the new design freedoms in ceilings and walls, with particular emphasis on tessellation, the use of woodand metal, and the interplay of shapes, textures, perforation patterns, and the seamless flow from digital design to computer-con tr olled fabrication. Tessellated ceilings and walls take advantage of new technologies; metal and wood panels can be almost any s
- Explain the use of tessellations in ceiling and wall design.
- Describe the impact of contemporary design and panel-fabricating technologies on architectural options.
- Differentiate between traditional and modern wood panel systems, including veneers that come from sustainably managed forests.
- Define the role of ceiling and wall panel systems in acoustical control and noise reduction.
- Identify how modern ceiling and wall systems can contribute to a number of different LEED credits.
McGraw Hill Construction
Member since 2005