Green Building Best Practices in theSoutheast
Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
|Category||Innovation in design and operations|
This course is based on a white paper developed by the USGBC South Carolina Chapter and highlights lessons learned to help practitioners simplify and streamline the LEED process in the southeast. Specifically the program will cover the following topics: Owner# s Decision Making Process, Common Challenges & Suggestions for Addressing Them, LEED credit discussion and strategies for easier implementation of strategies for overcoming common barriers building green.
- Identification of key times and essential steps needed to minimize the perceived costs and additional burden of LEED.
- Explain why the pre-design phase is critical to the LEED process and will be covered in detail.
- Describe each LEED-NC category
- Identifying credits that should be considered automatic for projects in this area and strategies obtaining them with minimal cost impact
- Assess exceptions and issues to avoid for particular credits along with potential costs and strategies will be included.
- Manage the LEED documentation throughout the process to limit extra costs and work and to ensure a timely final submission to the USGBC.