Indoor Air Quality Preoccupancy
|Format||On Demand: Article/Print|
|Offered by||Green Building Research Institute (GBRI)|
|Category||Indoor environmental quality|
This article provides an in-depth look at the issues and strategies associated with preserving and maintaining indoor air quality prior to building occupancy. Included are discussions of how construction activities and design decisions made prior to occupancy canaffect occupant health, productivity and attitudes. Preventative strategies will be discussed, and the article will focus on LEED credits from the BD+C, ID+C, and O+M rating system that relate to preoccupancy IAQ.
1. Describe how IAQ affects building occupants and the teams involved in construction
2. Analyze various IAQ interventions and practices, and assess their effectiveness and compliance to LEED requirements.
3. Discuss the LEED requirements for pre-occupancy IAQcredits.
4. Analyze specific interventions through case study
5. Evaluate how effectively various IAQ interventions could be applied to projects