To increase water efficiency, eliminating the need for a cooling tower.
Projects without Cooling Towers or Evaporative Condensers
Projects may earn full credit if all conditions are met:
- the baseline system designated for the building using ASHRAE 90.1-2010 Appendix G Table G3.1.1 includes a cooling tower (systems 7 & 8)
- the project design case does not include a cooling tower
- the design case mechanical system does not use the latent heat of the evaporative cooling of water.
- the project does not receive any cooling from a District cooling system
All other system types are ineligible for credit.
General Pilot Documentation Requirements
- Participate in the LEEDuser pilot credit forum
- Complete the feedback survey:
Credit Specific Documentation
Provide documentation showing that the project meets all requirements including:
- Documentation showing that the project is designated as systems 7 or 8 under ASHRAE 90.1-2010 Appendix G Table G3.1.1
- Documentation (site plan or mechanical system plan, energy model or other) showing that the project design case does not include a cooling tower or other system that uses the latent heat of the evaporative cooling of water, and is not connected to a District cooling system..
Documentation should be uploaded under the Cooling Tower Water Use credit form in LEED Online.
- 5/4/2016 - added clarification that projects connected to District cooling systems are not eligible
Not pursuing this pilot but have a comment you'd like to share with USGBC?
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!
No sample form available for this credit.View all sample forms