To increase water efficiency, eliminating the need for a cooling tower.
Projects without Cooling Towers or Evaporative Condensers
Projects may earn full credit if all conditions are met:
- the baseline system designated for the building using ASHRAE 90.1-2010 Appendix G Table G3.1.1 includes a cooling tower (systems 7 & 8)
- the project design case does not include a cooling tower
- the design case mechanical system does not use the latent heat of the evaporative cooling of water.
All other system types are ineligible for credit.
General Pilot Documentation Requirements
- Participate in the LEEDuser pilot credit forum
- Complete the feedback survey:
Credit Specific Documentation
Provide documentation showing that the project meets all requirements including:
- Documentation showing that the project is designated as systems 7 or 8 under ASHRAE 90.1-2010 Appendix G Table G3.1.1
- Documentation (site plan or mechanical system plan, energy model or other) showing that the project design case does not include a cooling tower or other system that uses the latent heat of the evaporative cooling of water.
Documentation should be uploaded under the Cooling Tower Water Use credit form in LEED Online.
Not pursuing this pilot but have a comment you'd like to share with USGBC?
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!
No sample form available for this credit.View all sample forms