Provide for the ongoing accountability and optimization of tenant energy and water consumption performance over time.
CASE A: For those projects with an area that constitute less than 75% of the total building area:
- Install sub-metering equipment to measure and record energy uses within the tenant space. (1 point.)
- Negotiate a lease where energy costs are paid by the tenant and not included in the base rent. (1 point)
CASE B: For those projects with an area that constitutes 75% or more of the total building area, install continuous metering equipment for the following end-uses: (2 points)
- Lighting systems and controls
- Constant and variable motor loads
- Variable frequency drive (VFD) operation
- Chiller efficiency at variable loads (kW/ton)
- Cooling load
- Air and water economizer and heat recovery cycles
- Air distribution static pressures and ventilation air volumes
- Boiler efficiencies
- Building-related process energy systems and equipment
- Indoor water riser and outdoor irrigation systems
- Develop a Measurement & Verification plan that incorporates the monitoring information from the above end-uses and is consistent with Option B, C or D of the 2001 International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol (IPMVP) Volume I: Concepts and Options for Determining Energy and Water Savings.