Verify that the project’s energy-related systems are installed, calibrated and perform as intended.
The following commissioning process activities shall be completed by the commissioning team:
- Designate an individual as the Commissioning Authority to lead the commissioning process activities. This individual should not be directly responsible for project design or construction management.
- Clearly document the owner’s project requirements and the basis of design for the building’s energy-related systems. Updates to these documents shall be made during design and construction by the design team.
- Develop and incorporate commissioning requirements into the construction documents.
- Develop and utilize a commissioning plan.
- Verify that the installation and performance of energy consuming systems meet the owner’s project requirements and basis of design.
- Complete a commissioning report.
The energy-related systems to be included in the commissioning process activities include as a minimum:
- Heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC&R) systems (mechanical and passive) and associated controls
- Lighting and daylighting controls
- Domestic hot water systems
- Renewable energy systems (wind, solar etc.)